WESTERN REGIONAL REG 2019 SELECTION CRITERIA
REG DATES: June 22 – June 28, 2019
The 2019 Western Regional REG (Regional Elite Group) training camp is scheduled for Park City, Utah with an arrival of Saturday June 22, 2019, and a departure of Friday June 28, 2019.
- Eligible Skiers are as follows: Born in 2000 (first year U20 skiers), 2001 and 2002 (U18 skiers), and 2003 and 2004 (U16 skiers).
- Top 15 females and top 15 males selected from the five western divisions, FW, HP, IM, PN, and RM. The results will be based on 50% Junior National results (best two out of three races), 50% USSA Points. World cup scoring will be used for ranking skiers within the U20 & U18 classes in both the JN results and the USSA points. Then add the JN world cup points to the USSA world cup points to establish a final points list. In the case of ties we will use the USSA points to break the ties. If a skier in the top 15 male or female classes declines the invitation, then the next eligible skier on the list from that gender will be eligible.
Skiers who are a product of one of the five divisions and who did not compete in the Junior Nationals but who qualified for the NCAAs, Youth Olympic Games, World Junior Championships and the U18 Nations Cup Scandinavian Trip, or who finished in the top 15 among all juniors born 2000-2004 in the USSA final points list will be eligible to attend the 2019 Western REG.
- Top two U16 females and males based on their U16 results at Junior Nationals (best two out of the three races) and using world cup scoring. Eligible U16 skiers would be born in 2003-2004.
- The goal is to have the Western REG be an elite cross country ski training camp for junior skiers and to have 34 skiers who were born in 2000 (first year U20 skiers), 2001 and 2002 (U18 skiers), and 2003, 2004 (U16 skiers) attend the camp. If any of those skiers decline an invitation, the next qualified skiers on the final results list will be invited in order to bring the camp to a size of 34 skiers. Invitations to the REG will be sent out after the final USSA points list for the 2018 – 2019 winter season is disbursed. A target date should be April 15, 2019. Confirmation of acceptance of an invitation to the Western Region REG will be the registration form that must be received by no later than Tuesday April 30, 2019.
- The cost per junior skier for the seven day camp is projected to be $630. This would include Six nights of lodging, dinner each night, staff expenses, transportation to various training venues, roller skiing at Soldier Hollow, and any other overhead expenses. Skiers will be responsible for purchasing their own breakfasts and lunches. We will have ample shuttles to a variety of grocery stores.