The RMN 2020 JN Staff will be:
Trip Leader- Adam St.Pierre- RMN Divisional Coordinator
Head Coach- August Teague- AVSC
U16F Age Group Coach- Eva Severus- SNSC
U16M Age Group Coach- Olof Hedberg- SNSC
U18/20F Age Group Coach- Lenka Sterling- SSCV
U18/20M Age Group Coach- Brian Tate- SSWSC
Head Glide Tech- Eric Pepper- SSCV
Asst Glide Tech- Isaiah St.Pierre- WPCC
Head Kick Tech- Dan Weiland- SSCV
Asst Kick Tech- Meghan Cornwall- BNJRT
Wax Tester- Josh Smullin- SSWSC
Wax Tester- Rob Russell- AVSC
Wax Tester- Molly Susla- CBNT
Floater- Duncan Koehn- BNJRT
Floater- Sari Anderson- AVSC
2020 Junior Nationals will be held in Truckee, CA.
Friday March 6th: Travel to Truckee (vans will need to leave on March 5th to meet the team at the airport in Reno on March 6th)
Mon 3/9: Individual start Classic
Wed 3/11: Sprint Skate
Fri 3/13: Mass start Skate
Sat 3/14: Relay Classic
Sun 3/15: travel home to Colorado
We will be staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites- Truckee (same as last time in Truckee). Checking in on Friday March 6th checking-out on Sunday March 15th.
will be catering our Dinners. I’m coordinating with New England and DLish to have a great menu for dinners. For lunches, we’ll be putting together an order form with Fully Belly deli
so people can choose from soups, sandwiches, or salads each day. It’ll probably be a Google Form that people will need to fill out, I’ll place the order, and Full Belly will deliver or I’ll pick them up- TBD. Hotel has a decent breakfast and have been instructed to make exorbitant amounts of oatmeal! We can purchase supplemental breakfast items as needed.
There will be no Team Naming after the final races in SoHo. All the waivers, registration forms, etc. will be available online. RMN will accept payment online. After the last race in SoHo, the final points list will be submitted to the RMN BOD to check its correctness and vote on and accept the points list and qualified athletes. Then named athletes will be able to accept or decline their positions. RMN will invite alternates if athletes decline.
We will be driving vans from CO to CA. Preliminarily we will have:
1) SNSC 15 passenger Van- Driven to Truckee by Olof/Eva- driven around Truckee by Eva with mostly U16 girls
2) WPCC 15 passenger Van- Driven to Truckee by Isaiah and Co-Pilot TBD- will be driven around Truckee by Olof with the U16 boys
3) SSCV 15 passenger Van- driven to Truckee by Lenka/Co-Pilot TBD. Will be driven around Truckee by Lenka and the U18/20 ladies
4) BNJRT 15 passenger Van- driven to Truckee by Duncan/Meghan. Will be driven around Truckee by Tater and the U18/20 dudes
5) AVSC 12 passenger Sprinter Suburban- to be driven to Truckee by August/Sari/Rob. Will be driven around Truckee by Sari or Adam
6) AVSC – Suburban to be driven to Truckee by August/Sari/Rob. Will be driven around Truckee by August and the wax staff
a 7th vehicle will be rented in Reno if needed
Coaches who aren’t driving will be flying to Reno with the team. Clubs/athletes will be responsible for their own flight arrangements. Arriving at the Reno airport on Friday March 6 before 5pm and departing on Sunday March 15 (ideally not on the 5:30am flight…).
Questions/Concerns- contact Adam St.Pierre- RMN JN Trip Leader and RMN Divisional Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-206-6092