Ski & Snowboard Club Vail
USSA National Ranking List (NRL) Race
Maloit Park Minturn, Colorado
Information December 13 & 14, 2014
Dec 11, 2014 EDITION
Schedule of Events:
Tuesday December 9, 2014
- 7pm Deadline for Entries due to Mike Elliott. Email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Call 970 769-8655 for questions.
- Any entries received after 7pm are subject to a $10 late fee per athlete per race.
Thursday December 11, 2014
- Entry lists for both the Interval Start and Mass Start Races sent out for verification and will be posted on Four Corners Timing Web Site. fourcornerstiming.com.
Friday December 12, 2014
- 1pm Courses Open for Inspection. Courses closes at
- No Trail Fees for racers or coaches. Parents and/or spectators — we accept donations for trail fees only. There are two donation boxes located on the trail. Feel free to help out!
Saturday December 13, 2014 — Interval Start Freestyle Technique 5km
- 9am – 10:45am Final Registration and Bib Pick-up in Lobby Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy (VSSA) School. No Late Entries Accepted Race Day.
- 11am Start of Freestyle Race.
Order of Start for Qualifying Races: 15 Second Interval
- SR/U20/U18/U16 Males 5km 11am
- SR/U20/U18/U16 Females 5km 11:40am
- U14/U12 Males 3km 12:15pm These Start Times are Subject to Change
- U14/U12 Females 3km 12:40pm
- U10/U8 Males and Females 1km 1pm
Sunday December 14, 2014 — Classic Technique Mass Start By Class
- 9am – 9:45am Final Registration and Bib Pick-up in Lobby VSSA School. No Late Entries Accepted. Course open to all coaches with proper race bibs. Parents and spectators — please consider a donation for the grooming.
- 10am Start of Classic Race.
Order of Start
- SR/U18/U20 Males 10km 10am
- SR/U18/U20/U16 Females 5km 10:35am These Times are Subject to Change
- U16 Males 5km 11am
- U14/U12 Males 3km 11:25pm
- U14/U12 Females 3km 11:45pm
- U10/U8 Males 1km 12:05pm
- U10/U8 Females 1km 12:07p
- Waiver and Release of Liability: Every competitor must have a signed SSCV Waiver and Release of Liability and signed USSA Waiver and Release of Liability.
- Racing Bibs: Ski Racers will use the same bib for both races. $60 fee will be charged for missing or damaged bibs.
- Bathrooms: Located within 50 meters of the Start/Finish as well as the locker rooms with the VSSA School.
- Waxing: Waxing will be outside. Power is available in at least two locations from the VSSA School and two from the EVCF building located just west of the school.
- RMN Waxing Protocol HF waxes only. No Pure Fluorinated Waxes Please.
- Parking: Both lots will be available. Team vans will be allowed to park in the back of the VSSA School closer to the race Start/Finish. Parents and spectators please park in the VSSA School lot. Parking attendants will be available to assist with the parking.
- Entry Fees Per Race:
U16 and Older $35.
U14 & U12 $25.
U10 & U8 $10
- Payment: Checks payable to SSCV (Ski and Snowboard Club Vail). Please pay for both races at registration.
- Late Entries or Changes: $10 fee for any additions or changes after 7pm on Tuesday December 9, 2014. Late entries and changes will be accepted until 6pm Friday December 12, 2014. There will be no race day entries accepted. Lost or damaged race bibs will be subject to a $60 fee.
- Seeding For Saturday’s Interval Start Race: U16 and Older seeding will be done directly off the USSA NRL points list, then Rocky Mountain Nordic Final Points List from 2013/2014, then random draw. U14 and younger seeding will be random draw.
- Seeding for Sunday’s Distance Race: Same procedure. U16 and Younger will be based off of Saturday’s results.
- Timing both days: Four Corners Timing.
- Organizing Committee:
Chief of Competition Mike Elliott
Chief of Course Dan Weiland
Technical Delegate Toni Geer
Assistant Technical Delegate Tom Scrimgeour
Race Secretary Carmen Weiland
Race Administrator Euginnia Manseau and Brittney Ziebell
Chief of Stadium Caleb Krueger/CB Bechtel
Chief of Timing Four Corners Timing
Chief of Start Grant Herzog
Assistant Chief of Start Christian Kloser
Chief of Medical Dr. Gordon Hardenbergh