CBNT Solstice Showdown JNQ and FIS Race
Hosted By the
Crested Butte Nordic Team
Saturday, Dec 21 – Sunday, Dec 22
Schedule of Events
Tuesday, December 17
- Entry closes at 7pm
Friday, December 20
- Course open for inspection 10:00am – 4:00pm (no trail pass required)
- Team Captain’s Meeting and bib pick-up 4:30pm
Saturday, December 21
- Classic Sprint 1.2km
- Qualifying Starts at 9:00am with U18+ racers
- Race to be held on The Bench Trails in Crested Butte, team parking at Crested Butte Nordic Center
- Elimination rounds for U12 and older
- U12 and U14 – top 12 move on to elimination rounds
- U16 – top 18 move on to elimination rounds
- U18+ – all age groups combined, top 30 move on to elimination rounds
- Final Heat finishes 2:45pm
- Awards Ceremony 3:15pm (held in the stadium)
- Team Captain’s Meeting and bib pick-up 5:00pm
Sunday, December 22
- Individual Start Freestyle Distance Race
- U8 and U10 – 1.2km
- U12 and U14 – 3km
- U16+ – 5km
- Race start 10:00am with U16+ racers
- Awards Ceremony 1:30pm (held in the stadium)
Emailing team entry form to Four Corners Timing c/o Mike Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*NOTE: All racers in age classes U16 and older must be registered members of at least one of the following: RMN, USSA, FIS.
U16(J2) and older – $35 per race
U14 & U12 (J3 & J4) – $25 per race
U10 & U8 (J5 & J6) – $10 per race
- Skiing in the reverse direction of traffic on race courses is strictly forbidden at all times
- Never cross the finish line unless you are finishing your race.
- Non-racers/Non-coaches are forbidden to ski on course at any time.
- Coaches must wear coaching bibs while on course.
- Racers warming-up on course must wear bibs inside-out.
- Sprint course closes at 8:50am
- Courses will remain open for inspection until 9:50am.
- Classic tracks will be set double-track best line. May change based on snow conditions.
- Warm-up Areas
- Snow dependant
For racers U16 (J2) and older, FIS points will take precedence over USSA points. Racers will be assigned start positions based on FIS points, followed by USSA points, and racers only registered with RMN will be seeded after that. For racers U14(J3) and younger, seeding will be done by random draw.
Technical Delegate: Doug Ouren
Assistant TD: TBA
Chief of Competition: Brian Dale
Race Secretary: Drew Holbrook
Chief of Course: Fred Sproat
Chief of Stadium: Duncan Callahan
Timing: Four Corners Timing
There is currently sufficient snow to hold races on Crested Butte’s FIS homologated race trails. In the event that snow conditions deteriorate, an alternate venue will be considered. If no alternate venue is feasible, Crested Butte Nordic will not be able to refund entry fees.
Races will be held on The Bench on the south side of Crested Butte. Generators will be available in the stadium area for teams needing to wax. Portable toilets will also be available on The Bench. There is NO PARKING on The Bench. Journey’s End Drive is accessible for equipment drop-off only. All vehicles parked on Journey’s End Drive will be towed. Parking is available at the Crested Butte Nordic Center for team vehicles. All other vehicles can be parked on the streets surrounding the Nordic Center. Team captains’ meetings and the race secretary will be based in the Crested Butte Nordic Center at 2nd St. and Whiterock Ave. This building will be accessible on competition days, but will also be in use for hockey games. Everyone is encouraged to come prepared to be outdoors for the majority of the day.
For additional information, please contact Austin Ross at (207) 227-3843 or email@example.com.