Durango Nordic Ski Club
Pediatric Partners of The Southwest Junior National Qualifying Race
And RMN J3 & Younger Championships
Information March 2 & 3, 2013
Racing Both Days Will Be At The Durango Mountain Resort Nordic Center
Schedule of Events
Tuesday February 26, 2013
- 7pm Entries due to Mike Elliott. Email (email@example.com) 970 769-8655 for Questions
- Attempt to indicate to DNSC how many people will be attending the Awards Dinner on Saturday night and Parents Social Friday night.
Thursday February 28, 2013
- 9pm Start lists for both the Sprint Qualification and the Mass Start Race sent out and posted on Four Corners Timing Web Site www.fourcornerstiming.com
Friday March 1, 2013
- 1pm Courses Open for Inspection. Course closes at 4pm. NO Trail Fees for racers, coaches, and parents for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Trail Fees are covered by the entry fees.
- 5pm – 6pm Registration and Bib Pick-up. Location: Needham Elementary School 2455 W Third Ave. School Library. 24th street go west two blocks. Turn left on West Third Ave. Go one half block turn right on Weston Street (Tennis Courts). Go one-half block. Park in parking lot on your right. Enter on the South side of the school at main entrance.
- 6pm – 7pm Team Captains’ Meeting Everyone must have a DNSC Waiver and a USSA Waiver before bibs will be issued. All Team Leaders should have a representative at the Team Captains’ Meeting.
- 7pm – 8:30pm Parent’s Social: Home of Marc and Jane Katz. 3051 East Fifth Avenue, Durango. From Main Avenue turn east at the stoplight at 32nd street (at North Main City Market). You will almost immediately cross over the Animas River. Turn right at the first street after the river that is East Third Avenue. Go one block. Turn left (east) at the Stop sign on 31st street. Go two blocks. Turn right (south) on East Fifth Avenue. 3051 is the second house on the west side of East Fifth Avenue. The hosts for the event are Marc and Jane Katz, Bob and Mary Oswald and all the Durango Nordic Ski Club Families.
Saturday March 1, 2013. Sprint Race Freestyle Technique Durango Mountain Resort Nordic Center
7am – 8:45am Final Registration and Bib Pick-up at The Tierra Home 18 Nordic Court (AKA Competition Building) next to the ski Stadium for anyone who did not go to the Team Leader’s meeting. No Late Entries Accepted Race Day
- 8:50am Sprint Courses are closed except to coaches with proper bibs
- 9am Race Start Time
Order of Start for Qualifying Race: 15 Second Interval.
- OJ/J1/J2 Males
- OJ/J1/J2 Females
- J3 Males
- J4 Males
- J3 Females
- J4 Females
- J5 & J6 Males & Females
10:45am Heats Begin
There will be heats in all classes. Five minutes between heats.
24 move on J2 & Older from Qualifying Race. 12 move on J3 & Younger from Qualifying Race. Top three in each heat move on to next heat. B Finals for J2 and older Classes Only.
5:30pm Official Race Weekend Awards Dinner at Durango High School Cafeteria 2390 Main Avenue.
Yellow Carrot is the caterer with Baked Potato Bar served with pulled pork, crispy pepperoni, candies bacon, sauteed mushrooms and grilled zucchini and all the other predictable fixins’. Vegetarian and gluten free options available. Cold Beverages. Key lime pie bars for dessert.
$12 per person
Awards from Saturday’s Sprint races will be presented.
Sunday March 3, 2013 Mass Start Race Classic Technique Durango Mountain Resort Nordic Center
7am – 8:45am Bib Pick-up at Tierra Group Home 18 Nordic Court
8:50am Skate Courses are closed except to coaches with proper bibs
9am Race Start Time Mass Start
Order of Start
OJ/J1 Males 5km 9am These Start Times Could Be Subject
OJ/J1 Females 5km 9:30am to change
J2 Males 5km 10:00am
J2 Females 5Km 10:30am
J3 Males 3km 11:00am
J3 Females 3km 11:20am
J4 Males 3km 11:40am
J4 Females 3km 12:00pm
J5 & J6 Males and Females 1.5km 12:15pm
Awards: Immediately following the completion of each class
12:30pm RMN meeting regarding RMN JN Team at the Tierra Group Home 18 Nordic Court Second Floor
1:pm RMN J3 and younger champions named and awards presented.
RMN Junior National Team Named outside the Tierra Group Home 18 Nordic Court
1:25pm – 2:25pm RMN JN Team Processing at The Tierra Group, LLC Home at 18 Nordic Court on the property of the Southern Ute Indian Tribe
- Wavier and Release of Liability: Every competitor must have a signed DNSC Waiver and Release of Liability and a signed USSA Waiver and Release of Liability
- Racing Bibs: Ski Racers will use the same race bib for the Sprint Qualifier on Saturday and the Mass Start on Sunday. Bibs will be collected after Sunday’s Mass Start race. $60 fee for missing or damaged bibs. Paper bibs will be issued for the Heats on Saturday.
- Bathrooms: The Nordic Center has two Porto Potties and there will be three Porto Potties next to the start and finish area in the ski Stadium.
- Waxing: There is electricity for waxing next to the ski stadium. At Nordic Court. Waxing will be outside. NOTE: PURE FLOURO waxes are banned at DNSC JNQ races. HF waxes are approved for use. This policy of RMN banning Pure Fluorinated waxes at Junior National Qualifying races goes back to 2001. This is a gentleman’s agreement among all the RMN ski clubs and their coaches participating in JNQ races. The reason for the ban is to help control the expenses for waxes by RMN ski clubs.
- Parking: We will have parking attendants helping you. Parking is limited at the Nordic Center. Only Team Vans will be able to park close to the Nordic Court Ski Stadium. Enter Tacoma Drive south of the Nordic Center and go east. We will try and accommodate as many cars as possible at the Nordic Center and on Tacoma Drive. Parking maps and Parking Passes for team vans will be distributed at the Team Captain’s meeting 6pm on Thursday March 1, 2013. We should be able to accommodate family members and spectators on Tacoma Drive or Nordic Center. If parking is full at those areas, parking is available at DMR parking lots. Take a DMR shuttle to Tacoma Drive or the Nordic Center. It is a short walk to the stadium from there. DMR shuttle starts operating at 8am.
- Entries: Due by Tuesday February 26, 2013, 7pm. Only email entries will be accepted. Email to Mike Elliott at (firstname.lastname@example.org). You must use the Durango Nordic Entry Form. Please be sure to indicate in what races each skier will be participating.
- Entry Fee: For Each Race: J2 and Older $35. J3 & J4 $25. J5 & J6 $20
- Official Awards Dinner: $12 per person. Please give us an estimate of how many will be attending by Tuesday February 26, 2013.
- Payment: Checks payable to DNSC (Durango Nordic Ski Club) Please pay for both races and Awards Dinner at the Team Captains meeting and Registration on Friday evening March 1, 2013 at 5pm at Needham Elementary School in Library.
- Late Entries or Changes: $10 fee for any additions or changes after 7pm Tuesday February 26, 2013. Late entries and changes will be accepted until 5pm Friday March 1, 2013. There will be no race day entries accepted.
- Lost or Damaged Race Bibs will be subject to a $60 fee.
- Seeding For Saturday’s Sprint Qualifying Race and Sunday’s Mass Start: J1 and Older seeding will be done directly off of the USSA NRL points list, then Rocky Mountain Nordic Points List, then random draw. J2 will be done off RMN Points List then random draw. For J3, J4, J5 Seeding will be done off the RMN J3 and younger points list from the six RMN JNQ races, then random draw.
- Only Coaches with a COACHES’ Identification will be allowed on race courses during races.
- Timing both days: Four Corners’s Timing. Sprint Heats will not be timed.
- Lodging Information and Reservations: Durango Mountain Resorts 800 525-0892 or Gateway Reservations 800 828-4228
Chief of Competition: Mike Elliott
Assistant Chief of Competition: Gary Colliander and Evan Elliott
Technical Delegate Doug Ouren
Assistant Technical Delegate Toni Geer
Race Secretary Helen Low
Asst Race Secretary Nancy Agro
Chief of Course Brent Brown
Chief of Stadium John Ott
Chief of Timing Mark Pastore
Chief of Posting Results Scott Kurlander
Chief of Start Jamie Wienk
Asst Chief of Start Diane Cassidy
Awards Mike Elliott
Media Relations Jeanne Pastore
Medical Kim Dalen, Dr. Dave Greenberg, Dr. Brenda Huffman, Dr. Dave Sigurslid
Banquet Coordinators Briggen Wrinkle
Chief of Course Marshalls Jana Freeburn
Chief of Announcing Andy Cora
Asst Chief of Announcing Mary Oswald