2012 Grand Mesa NRL
Saturday-Sunday, December 8-9, 2012
The Grand Mesa Nordic Council
Team Information Sheet
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
|Tuesday, December 4
||Deadline for registration
|Wednesday, December 5
||Preliminary entry list published for review
|Thursday, December 6
||Deadline for corrections to entry list
||Start lists published
|Friday, December 7
||Course open for inspection
|Saturday, December 8
|Skate Individual 15-Second Interval Starts
||Registration and bib pickup
||5K Skate Men (Senior, OJ/J1/J2)
||5k Skate Women (Senior, OJ/J1/J2)
||5K Skate Men Novice
||5K Skate Women Novice
||3K Skate Men J3
||3K Skate Men J4
||3K Skate Women J3
||3K Skate Women J4
||1K Skate Men (J5, J6)
||1K Skate Women (J5, J6)
||5K Freestyle Citizens Race MASS START
|Sunday, December 9
|Classic Mass Start
||Registration and Bib Pickup
||10k Classic Men (Senior, OJ/J1)
||5k Classic Women (Senior, OJ/J1/J2)
||5K Classic Men (J2)
||3K Classic Men J3
||3K Classic Men J4
||3K Classic Women J3
||3K Classic Women J4
||1K Classic Men (J5/J6)
||1K Classic Women (J5/J6)
- TEAM ENTRY DEADLINE IS Tuesday, December 4
- Email Joe (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a registration sheet and waivers.
- A USSA waiver is required for all non-USSA members.
- Bibs will be collected at the finish on Sunday.
- DNS and DNF bibs must be returned to the finish crew – not anyone else.
- There will be a $50 fee for lost or damaged bibs.
TEAM ENTRY FEES
Entry fees for Summit NRL:
- Elite/J2-OJ: $35 per race
- J3: $25 per race
- J4-J6: $20
- Citizens: $15 per race
Trail Fees are included.
Make checks payable to GMNC.
ONE CHECK PER TEAM FOR BOTH DAYS PAYABLE ON SATURDAY PLEASE!
COURSE NOTES, INSPECTION, AND COURSE CLOSURE
- Backwards skiing on race courses at any time is strictly forbidden.
- Never cross the finish line unless you are finishing your race.
- Non-racers/Non-coaches are forbidden to ski on course at any time.
- Skiers warming up on course must ski with their bibs inside out.
- All courses close at 9:50am
- Classic tracks will be set single track best line. May change based on snow conditions.
- Courses will remain open for inspection until 8:50am.
- Warm-up Areas
Seed orders may be adjusted dependent on conditions and jury decision.
FIS/USSA = The lower of a skier’s FIS or USSA points.
Saturday: Individual Start
- Female J2 and older, Male J1 and older:
- Run BAC
- “A” Top 15 USSA points random draw
- “B” All remaining USSA points, lowest to highest
- “C” No points, random draw
- “A” USSA points random draw
- “B” No points, random draw
- Random draw
Sunday: Mass Start
- For Senior, OJ/J1/J2 USSA distance points, then USSA members without points, then results from Saturday’s race.
J3/J4/J5/J6 based on Saturday’s race.
Technical Delegate: Robert Myers*
- Assistant TD: TBA*
- Chief of Competition: Dave Ashwanden*
- Chief of Course: Winslow Robertson
- Chief of Stadium: Annie Murphy
- Timing: Four Corners Timing
* Race Jury
Venue is Skyway Trail System (east off of Highway 65, Mesa, Colorado).
There are no trail fees.
There is no electricity at the venue. Teams are encouraged to set up their wax tables to the north of the start/finish area (near the warming hut).
There is no running water at the venue. Teams are encouraged to bring their own water and water bottles. We will have some water and sports drink, but it will be limited. GMNC encourages its users to bring their own water bottles or cups in an effort to reduce waste.
Race Course will be available for inspection on Friday 12/7 at 12:00PM. There will be no fee for this.
There will be a 15 minute protest period after the posting of the unofficial results.
There will be at least 4 technique controllers on the classic course on Sunday.
Awards will be announced in the afternoon after the last race at the Start/Finish Area.
Parking: Only two vehicles per team will be allowed at the Skyway trailhead. Other vehicles must be parked at the Mesa Top parking area, which is a couple miles south of Skyway on the west side of Highway 65. It is a large lot with a changing area and restroom as well. Please see map: http://www.gmnc.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/GMNC-Map-Brochure-Map-side.pdf
Weather: Snow is expected Saturday night. Please check updated weather here: http://www.gmnc.org/conditions/weather-condition-reports/
Given the short notice of this race, GMNC may need assistance with volunteers. If any parents are available to help, please contact Annie Murphy at (970) 623-4424.
Lodging: If lodging assistance is required, please contact Annie Murphy at (970) 623-4424.