|Durango Nordic Ski Club Pediatric Partners of The Southwest Junior National Qualifying Race Information February 24 & 25, 2012
Racing Both Days Will Be At The Durango Mountain Resort Nordic Center
Schedule of Events
Monday February 20, 2012
- 7pm Entries due to Mike Elliott. Email (email@example.com) 970 769-8655 for Questions
- Attempt to indicate to DNSC how many people will be attending the Awards Dinner Friday night and Parents Social Thursday night.
Wednesday February 22, 2012
- 8pm Start list for Friday’s Sprint Qualification Race sent out and posted on Four Corners Timing Web Site www.fourcornerstiming.com
Thursday February 23, 2012
- 2pm Courses Open for Inspection. Course closes at 5pm. NO Trail Fees for racers, coaches, and parents for Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Trail Fees are covered by the entry fees.
- 6pm – 7pm Team Captains’ Meeting and Registration and Bib Pick-up. Location: Rochester Hotel 726 East Second Avenue Downtown Durango. Everyone must have a DNSC Waiver and a USSA Waiver or be a USSA member before bibs will be issued. All Team Leaders should have a representative at the Team Captains’ Meeting.
- 7pm – 8:30pm Parent’s Social: Home of Marc and Jane Katz. 3051 East Fifth Avenue, Durango. From Main Avenue turn east at the stoplight at 32nd street (at North Main City Market). You will almost immediately cross over the Animas River. Turn right at the first street after the river that is East Third Avenue. Go one block. Turn left (east) at the Stop sign on 31st street. Go two blocks. Turn right (south) on East Fifth Avenue. 3051 is the second house on the west side of East Fifth Avenue.
Friday February 24, 2012. Sprint Race Classic Technique Durango Mountain Resort Nordic Center
- 7am – 8:45am Final Registration and Bib Pick-up at The Tierra Home 18 Nordic Court next to the ski Stadium for anyone who did not go to the Team Leader’s meeting. No Late Entries Accepted Race Day
- 8:50am Sprint Courses are closed except to coaches with proper bibs
- 9am Race Start Time
Order of Start for Qualifying Race: 15 Second Interval.
- OJ/J1/J2 Males
- OJ/J1/J2 Females
- J3 Males
- J4 Males
- J3 Females
- J4 Females
- J5 & J6 Males & Females
10:45am Heats Begin
There will be heats in all classes. Five minutes between heats.
24 move on J2 & Older from Qualifying Race. 12 move on J3 & Younger from Qualifying Race. Top three in each heat move on to next heat. B Finals for J2 and older Classes Only.
6pm Official Race Weekend Awards Dinner at The Peaks Room in Community Recreation Center 2700 Main Avenue.
Mexican Burritos from Zia’s Taqueria, chips salsa, vegetarian and gluten free available, beverages, homemade desserts.
$10 per person
Awards for Friday’s Sprint races will be presented.
Saturday February 25, 2012 Interval Start Race Skate Technique Durango Mountain Resort Nordic Center
7am – 8:45am Bib Pick-up at Tierra Group Home 18 Nordic Court
8:50am Skate Courses are closed except to coaches with proper bibs
9am Race Start Time. Interval Start 15 seconds.
Order of Start
- OJ/J1 Males 10km 9am These Start Times Could Be Subject
- OJ/J1 Females 10km 9:30am to change
- J2 Males 5km 10:15am
- J2 Females 5Km 10:35am
- J3 Males 3km 11:05am
- J3 Females 3km 11:15am
- J4 Males 3km 11:30am
- J4 Females 3km 11:40am
- J5 & J6 Males and Females 1.5km 12:00pm
Awards: Immediately following the completion of each class
12:20pm RMN meeting regarding RMN JN Team at the Tierra Group Home 18 Nordic Court Second Floor
12:55pm RMN Junior National Team Named outside the Tierra Group Home 18 Nordic Court
1:15pm – 2:15pm RMN JN Team Processing at The Tierra Group, LLC Home at 18 Nordic Court on the property of the Southern Ute Indian Tribe
- Wavier and Release of Liability: Every competitor must have a signed DNSC Waiver and Release of Liability form and either be a USSA Member or have a signed USSA Waiver and Release of Liability
- Racing Bibs: Bibs will be collected after the qualifying race and new bibs re-issued for the Heats. We will collect racing bibs after Friday’s race and re-issue for Saturday’s race. Team Bibs will at Terra Group Home 18 Nordic Court for Saturday’s race starting at 7am.
- Bathrooms: There is a bathroom at the Fire Station next to the Nordic Center and there will be two Porto Potties at the Nordic Center and two Porto Potties next to the start and finish area in the ski Stadium.
- Waxing: There is electricity for waxing next to the ski stadium. At Nordic Court. Waxing will be outside. NOTE: PURE FLOURO waxes are banned at DNSC JNQ races. HF waxes are approved for use. This policy of RMN banning Pure Fluorinated waxes at Junior National Qualifying races goes back to 2001. This is a gentleman’s agreement among all the RMN ski clubs and their coaches participating in JNQ races. The reason for the ban is to help control the expenses for waxes by RMN ski clubs.
- Parking: We will have parking attendants helping you. Parking is limited at the Nordic Center. Only Team Vans will be able to park close to the Nordic Court Ski Stadium. Enter Tacoma Drive south of the Nordic Center and go east. We will try and accommodate as many cars as possible at the Nordic Center and on Tacoma Drive. Parking maps and Parking Passes for team vans will be distributed at the Team Captain’s meeting 6pm on Thursday February 23, 2012. We should be able to accommodate family members and spectators on Tacoma Drive or Nordic Center. If parking is full at those areas, parking is available at DMR parking lots. Take a DMR shuttle to Tacoma Drive or the Nordic Center. It is a short walk to the stadium from there. DMR shuttle starts operating at 8am.
- Entries: Due by Monday February 20, 2012, 7pm. Only email entries will be accepted. Email to Mike Elliott at (firstname.lastname@example.org). You must use the Durango Nordic Entry Form. It is helpful if you do not use a MAC Computer. Please be sure to indicate in what races each skier will be participating.
- Entry Fee: For Each Race J2 and Older $30. J3 and Younger $20
- Official Awards Dinner: $10 per person. Please give us an estimate of how many will be attending.
- Payment: Checks payable to DNSC (Durango Nordic Ski Club) Please pay for both races and Awards Dinner at the Team Captains meeting and Registration on Thursday evening February 23, 2012 at 6pm at Rochester Hotel 726 East Second Avenue Downtown Durango.
- Late Entries or Changes: There will be a $10 fee for any additions or changes after 7pm February 20, 2012. Late entries and changes will be accepted until 6pm Thursday February 23, 2012. There will be no race day entries accepted.
- Lost or Damaged Race Bibs will be subject to a $60 fee
- Seeding For Friday’s Sprint Qualifying Race: J2 and Older seeding will be done directly off of the USSA NRL points list, then Rocky Mountain Nordic Points List, then random draw. For J3, J4, J5 Seeding will be done off the RMN JNQ races at Crested Butte, Steamboat Springs, and Soldier Hollow then a random draw.
- Saturday’s Interval Start Races: OJ/J1 seeding will be done directly off the USSA NRL points list, then Rocky Mountain Nordic Points List, then random draw. J2 seeding will be done off the Rocky Mountain Points list, then random draw. J3, J4, J5 will be done off RMN JNQ races at Crested Butte, Steamboat, and Soldier Hollow. Skiers will be placed in small seed groups and then random draw within those seed groups. Then random draw for skiers who did not race at an RMN JNQ.
- Only Coaches with a COACHES’ Identification will be allowed on race courses during races.
- Timing both days: Four Corners’s Timing. Sprint Heats will not be timed.
- Lodging Information and Reservations: Durango Mountain Resorts 800 525-0892 or Gateway Reservations 800 828-4228
- Chief of Competition: Mike Elliott
- Assistant Chief of Competition: Brent Brown
- Technical Delegate Doug Ouren
- Assistant Technical Delegate Quincee Cotton
- Race Secretary Helen Low
- Asst Race Secretary Jeanne Pastore
- Chief of Course Brent Brown
- Chief of Stadium John Ott
- Chief of Timing Mark Pastore
- Chief of Posting Results Scott Kurlander
- Chief of Start Bill Rhoades
- Asst Chief of Start Jamie Wienk
- Awards Lisa Breed
- Media Relations Jeanne Pastore
- Medical Kim Dalen, Dr. Dave Greenberg, Dr. Brenda Huffman
- Banquet Coordinators
- Chief of Course Marshalls Jana Freeburn
- Chief of Announcing Andy Cora
- Asst Chief of Announcing Mary Oswald
- Chief of Parking Don Webster
DNSC JNQ Race Information Feb 24 & 25 2012